On-Prem & Legacy SharePoint
For SharePoint on premise users, one of the key disadvantages of Microsoft’s OneDrive synchronisation solution is that it only works well with the online Office365 and SharePoint.
Quite simply, if you are trying to synchronise with SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010… OneDrive Next Generation will simply not work.
Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business has Issues.
Microsoft still offers the aging OneDrive for Business as a solution, but there are numerous restrictions and limitations when you sync SharePoint libraries to your computer:
- You can’t easily select what you want to sync. It’s all or nothing.
- You can only sync up to 5,000 items in a SharePoint library.
- You can only sync up to 20,000 items across all synchronized libraries.
- To get files to sync successfully, you may have to rename any file name that contains unsupported characters – (Get used to replacing \, /, :, *, ?, “, <, >, | , # , % in every single file name.)
But you don’t have to take our word for it – this Microsoft web page lists many of the issues.
SharePoint Cloud vs On Premise – Offline sync no longer the decider
Easier 365: A Solution That Really Works
In stark contrast, Easier365 has no such limits:
- Synchronise as much as you want or need. There are no prescribed file limits.
- Pick and choose exactly what you want – choose to Sync at a File, Folder or Site Library level.
- You don’t need to edit out special characters. Easier365 does it for you on the fly.
You also enjoy access to other key standard features, including:
- Full metadata support
- Support for SharePoint Views and Content Types
- Full Activity reporting
The Easier365 Conflict Manager