Update to the latest version of Easier 365 to benefit from our latest features and fixes.
Important Upgrade Notes:
- If already running 18.104.22.168 or later, simply uninstall previous software and reinstall this version.
- If running version 22.214.171.124 or earlier, after installation you must follow remedial process as follows.
- Right-click logo, open Options and click on “Reset and Adopt”. Click OK.
- On next sync Easier365 will download any missing files that should be local.
- Note: You will see the entire schema of files being processed. Only missing files will actually be downloaded so the process is rapid.
Fixed in 126.96.36.199:
- Error uploading files only from a folder with a name containing a ‘#’ and where the individual files are over 100MB in size.
- Error which hid Search Field when Files tab clicked several times in succession.
- Prevents a double upload and a redundant conflict warning in files over 100MB in size.
This version was not released.
- The Reset and Adopt will identify and upload any new local files
- Error involving files which share same ID on a single site but in different libraries
Version 188.8.131.52 Released 17th Oct 2018
- Starred and Activity tabs drawn incorrectly.
- Starred tab slow to resolve.
- Incorrect site labels in Views pull-down.
- Starred file at top level would lose star during sync.
- Modification timestamp not reflecting daylight savings time.
- Deleting a folder via interface occasionally didn’t delete that folder.
- Synchronisation after renaming a folder containing an ‘Open’ file gave error.
- Reset and Adopt feature added to Options.
- This feature enables complete re-synchronisation check without re-downloading any existing files.
This version was internal release only.
Version 184.108.40.206 Released 7th Oct 2018 – Upgrade recommended.
- Fixed regression error when clicking on Versions button in Files tab caused a .Net error.
This update is the latest iteration of releases 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168 produced in early October 2018 to address recent changes in Microsoft Web Services. If you are running 22.214.171.124 or earlier, this is a mandatory update.
Released 4th Oct 2018 – Important Bug Fix.
Note: This version also contains two new features – see below.
Mandatory Updates for Existing Users
- See installation notes: [Install Notes]
- To reset synchronisation after you have installed the latest version of Easier365.
Right-click logo and open Options and click on “Reset Sync”. Click OK. On next sync Easier365 will download all files that are not local.
- File name / Metadata Search.
The software now has a full text search field which searches the File Properties / Metadata. The file name is part of the Metadata so is returned as part of the search results. This is a full text search so you can use the full name or asterix as a wild card character ” * ” . For example: Unique or Uniqu* will each return Unique.doc. However, Uni* would return Unique.doc and also Universities.doc.
- Display of Image Thumbnails.
The ‘Views’ pull down in the interface will now display any image files ( .jpg etc) as Image Thumbnails .
If you have any doubts or questions: Please do email us at email@example.com and we will be ready to respond to your query.
Released 2nd October 2018 – This version was a first phase fast fix, which addressed changes Microsoft made to their Web services. It did not cater for large sites which 126.96.36.199 addresses.
This version was internal release only.
Released 22nd June 2018 – Activity Reporting and Favorites Release.
This version has two great new features and some important issue fixes.
- Activity Reporting has been significantly updated to show in chronological order, when a file was modified and shows their name too. Also, you can drill down into any folder to see the same information organised in the same way. For example, by project; by company; by department etc.
- Starred Files also known as Favorites: Now you can click in the interface against any file and make it a Starred file. Why? Because there’s a tab showing you, just like Activity reporting which starred files have been updated. Better still we put a light on when any of your starred files have been updated. No need to get 1,000’s of alert emails. One glance and you can see that the file you were waiting for a colleague to update is there.
- Moving files from folder to folder on SharePoint using the browser or by another user was not being picked up locally by some users.
- Moving or Renaming a ‘new’ file in SharePoint where that file had never been synchronised with Easier365 is now correctly identified.
- Corrected an error which delayed downloading files from SharePoint that have been updated using the ‘Edit in Browser’ version of Microsoft Word.
Released 5th May 2018 – Fixed an issue when renaming a file locally.
- This was environment dependent and only affected some users. Renaming a file locally left the old file name in the interface with an error (404 – File not found). The release fixes the issue and will clean up any 404 errors remaining from this issue.
Released 5th April 2018 – Character Encoding release
- Encoding updates to file to enable extended character set where permitted by Office 365
- Version 188.8.131.52 was an internal release only
Released 23rd Feb 2018 – Large upload release
- For large files (greater than 100MB) protocol changed to improve upload performance and reliability.
Released 8th Feb 2018 – New UI release
- New User Interface – This version does not use tabs for Site Management and for management of the SharePoint Views options.
- Simplified Main Ribbon interface.
- Fixes an issue when minimising the Window to a very small size.
- Simplifies the wording on the ‘Sync Options’ pop-up for greater clarity.
- Corrects the logo on Sync Options pop-up.
- Reduces the date format for more space economy (removes seconds / years )
- Reduces UI size so that it fits better on an 11″ laptop screen.
- Exposes UserAgent in the Registry principally for IT use in a corporate environment
- Fixes an issue which caused Conflicts to sometimes be raised unnecessarily.
- Automatically increases the upload timeout to 10 seconds per MB for larger files which will automatically override the upload timeout setting.
- Increases internal file management time to accommodate intermittent error with very large files.
- Fixes ‘intermittent’ minimise and maximise icons at the top of the page.
- Fixes an intermittent rename issue when files are renamed on SharePoint / Office 365.
- Waits longer to get the ID of large files (> 1 GB) from SharePoint after a large upload delay from SharePoint
- Accommodates invalid tokens received from SharePoint and resets with a fresh token.
- Internal processing of files within local database is single threaded with no performance detriment so as to eliminate database locks. File transfers are still multi-threaded for performance.
- Version 184.108.40.206 was an internal release only
Released 11th Dec 2017
- This version corrects an issue preventing you updating your Site Password.
- Corrects a non-critical “icon error message” when certain non-standard Microsoft file types are used
Released 14th Nov 2017
- This version updated to allow subscription licensing.
Released 23rd Oct 2017
- This version corrects an issue that occurs only when renaming folders on SharePoint / Office 365.
Release 18th October 2017
- This version pre-empts changes Microsoft are making to Web Services.
- Office 365: Significantly reduces time taken after initial synchronisation to identify files subsequently added by other users.
Version 220.127.116.11 was an internal release only.
Released 31st August 2017
- Traps and renames invalid characters from uploading during the sync. e.g. # is first changed to an underscore
- Improved exception handling during upload to catch any invalid characters etc..
- Prevents changing the backup versions location to being within the local files folder itself.
- Prevents the software from performing the first sync if it finds files are erroneously left in local sync folder.
- In the Digilink Limited Start Menu Program Group, changed Advanced Settings to “Easier 365 Advanced Settings”
- In the Digilink Limited Start Menu Program Group, added “Easier 365 Logging Mode” which initiates detailed logging.
Released 7th July 2017
- Fixes a rare database condition where one individual file wouldn’t immediately update.
- Additional logging in error logs for Digilink support use.
- Fixed an issue where updated file properties were uploaded correctly but not always displayed locally.
Released 31st March 2017
- This version improves the synchronisation accuracy across multi-client scenarios when downloading sites which are being concurrently uploaded and/or the contents are being renamed at the same time as the download is in process.
- Significant speed-up when downloading very large sites. The speed-up concerns the processing time involved with the local database as opposed to the time to actually download the files. This will especially improve the time for subsequent syncs as well as the main download synchronisation.
Version 18.104.22.168 was an internal release only.
Released 13th March 2017
- Fixed a regression issue where after the initial sync some previously checked sub-folders were erroneously then unchecked for subsequent synchronisation.
Released 6th March 2017
- Improved software activity feedback via progress bar for when synchronising large sites.
- Improved synchronisation resilience to manage network errors that occurred during partial paging downloads.
- Fixed an issue whereby not all empty folders were downloaded during initial schema download.
- Fixed an issue where some folders were erroneously ‘checked for sync’ after initial schema download.
Released 27th February 2017
- Addition of Site Contents page in Settings
- Display of SharePoint Item Count by Library
- Display of corresponding Item Count in Easier365 database schema by Library
- Ability to completely Reset Sync on individual Libraries.
- Sync process now incorporates contemporaneous changes made locally and on SharePoint during the actual sync cycle.
Released 13th February 2017
- Addition of Advanced Settings
- Database/Software – full Factory Reset.
- Change number of concurrent upload processes
- Adjust upload timeout threshold
- Switch on/off auto sync
- Switch on/off ‘file watcher’
These settings can be found in Windows Start > Digilink Limited > Advanced Settings
Released 2nd February 2017
- Support for metadata stored against SharePoint Folders.
- Support for square brackets in folder names. (e.g. “Folder [Name]” )
- Support for downloading empty folders on the SharePoint Site.
- Support for Files with Read only file permissions. (that is where the file’s Windows permission itself is set to ‘Read-Only’ and nothing to do with SharePoint file permissions).
- Fixed an issue which caused a hang if trying to upload illegal SharePoint characters. (e.g. “_vti_bin” files)
- Implemented changes to warn on selecting Library or Folder Sync checkboxes while the software is still synchronising.
This is to prevent selecting only a subset of data required on large sites (e.g. >40,000 items) because the whole schema is in the middle of downloading.
- Does not try to upload temporary Word Document files with a tilde “ ~ ” prefix which can appear while editing Word files.
- Update to catch a .net exception against a rare .net icon issue.
Released 7th November 2016
- Changed the code to perform an additional SharePoint check on opening and viewing a SharePoint Folder using the application interface. This ensures that any changes in SharePoint that may have happened in between synchronisation processes are not missed.
- Fixed an error that could sometimes cause a Local Copy or Move file operation not to be correctly recorded.
- Fixed an error that could occur when synchronising two SharePoint sites with identical names. Note that this could only occur if using two totally separate SharePoint servers.
Released 21st July 2016
- Fixed an error that could sometimes affect the database when upgrading between versions without first performing a Master Reset.
- Fixed an error that could occur when uploading a folder with an ampersand symbol ( &) in the folder name. Downloading folders with ‘&’ in the file name were not affected.
Version 22.214.171.124 was an internal release only
Released 30th June 2016
- Easier365 now supports a Read-Only Mode. A new sync-mode dialogue box is available on start-up and at any time through right clicking the icon in settings.
- Easier365 now fully supports the International Character set in File Properties (metadata).
- If mirrored deletes (deleting files on SharePoint) was disabled. When deleting a file in SharePoint, after having re-enabling mirrored SharePoint deletes in the interface, the software now no longer leaves an isolated file name in the interface.
- Fixed an error in date formatting and a repetition of the date column.
- The modified date column now reflects the local modified date but only for locally created/ or modified files up until the point at which the file has been uploaded to SharePoint. At this point it will revert to the server date. The modified date for downloaded (synchronised) server files is unaffected.
- The software no longer displays an error dialogue for unsupported file types (e.g. .aspx)
- Fixes an issue where a Conflict Warning could not be removed if the backup copies were set to less than two copies.
- Fixes a rare occurence of an error that occurred when unchecking a sync box in the Files Tab
- Fixes an error when renaming a Folder using keyboard characters outside of the scope of the normal character set.
- Fixed an error that could occur if you deleted a file on the server only after having updated the File Properties (metadata) for that file on the local computer.
Released 17th May 2016
- This release fixes an issue where following a change to file properties on an offline file, the local interface was not in step with the correctly uploaded change in File Properties now in SharePoint. This release no longer needs an additional sync to correct the offline interface display.
Released 16th May 2016
- Easier365 now makes it easier for the user to select a Sync Mode on first start-up. The user can select from Read; Read/Write; Read/Write/Delete. These sync modes can be changed at any time from the task bar. These options were previously available through options and registry settings.
- When updating a File Property in certain circumstances some properties were not uploaded to SharePoint on the next sync.
Released 11th May 2016
- When adding a new Library to an existing and currently synchronised Site, the new Library was not always immediately identified.
- When adding a new Site, the Site name could in certain circumstances appear twice in the interface for a short period although not in the file system.
- The system could sometimes discover a new file before identifying it in the interface.
- The Sync Issues warning tab was not always displayed in a red colour font.
- The folder was deleted and then immediately re-added it could in certain circumstance give an exception report.
- The file sizes were sometimes rounded down to 0KB
- The Options screen was adjusted to allow very small height screen resolutions to display correctly.
Released 1st May 2016
- Easier365 now has fully database driven Conflict Management. All file conflicts are captured and presented for you to manage at your convenience.
- The Sync Error message is now in red so as to be more visible.
- Switching to ‘Full Screen’ now no longer obstructs the Task Bar.
- When you add a folder with a sub-folder the sync check marks all propagate correctly in the sub folder.
- The right click option to delete a folder in the tree is no longer displayed if mirrored deletes is already turned off.
- Right click delete option on empty folders now functional if deletes enabled
- Better column height spacing for the file path displayed above the file list
- The “OK” and “Cancel” buttons on pop-up windows are now displayed in line with Microsoft’s style guide.
- The Interface tabs now display correctly when using 125% magnification for your Windows display personalisation.
- Deleting a .doc file when you already have a .docx file with exactly the same file name in the same folder, no longer gives an error.
Released 22nd March 2016
- Easier365 now allows for UNC paths (mapped drives) for the local file store.
- Easier365 now synchronises SharePoint Sites that use non-standard port numbering.
- Ability to automatically add one level of sub sites when any site is added.
- Any updates to local files actually made during a synchronisation are captured for subsequent synchronisation.
- Fix to error when using Upload button used immediately following that same file having been downloaded.
- Download button updated to work on sites using basic authentication.
- Change to software to allow a Rename on a folder during a synchronisation.
- Change to defer a Sync occurring while Site Edit is actively being managed.
- Change to defer a Sync occurring while software Options are actively being managed.
- After a local folder deletion, Deleted folders in interface now remain if the folder still exists on SharePoint.
- Update to software to more accurately reflect SharePoint Views.
- Internal names removed from Interface to more accurately reflect SharePoint Views.
- Hidden files from Windows file system (e.g. thumbs.db) are now excluded from scan.
- Scan process changed from a Windows Service to now being incorporated within the Application.
- Timing updates for File Watcher during sync to consolidate small changes to files (e.g waits for pending changes before completing the sync).
- Renaming folders (including mid synchronisation) applied correctly throughout a folder hierarchy.
- Propagation of sync check marks not always applied consistently. e.g. When copying a folder of files into a parent folder in which there already exists a mixed sync status. (If all are checked or all are unchecked there is no issue).
Released 10th February 2016
- The automatic check on startup for the latest software version was removed to avoid an issue with certain virus checkers.
Released 25th January 2016
- On application startup, the software will now check for future version updates and advise the user accordingly.
- Editing properties of a file added via the interface prior to uploading to SharePoint / Office 365 gave an error.
- Adding a file via the interface and then immediately deleting the file, prior to the file uploading, would leave the file name in the interface.
Released 14th January 2016
- Folders in Fileview. Folders will now appear in the right hand window along with the files.
- Easier365 now synchronises the SharePoint data schema as soon as a site is added.
- Prevented removing a site when user does not have permission to remove files.
- Fixed issue which sometimes prevented ‘New File’ invoking Excel or PowerPoint.
- Suppression of unnecessary audible system alerts.
- Database vacuum implemented.
- Version number now in ‘Options’.