Doesn’t Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business do the same job?
OneDrive for Business and OneDrive for Business NG (Next Generation) are sync utilities that Microsoft provide as part of its services. They are however somewhat restricted however, as these points illustrate.
- Digilink’s Software has no prescribed file limits – OneDrive has limits.
- Digilink’s Software lets you choose what you want and selectively sync right down to the file level.
- Digilink’s Software displays File Properties offline – OneDrive doesn’t support offline File Properties (metadata)
- Digilink’s Software provides support for Content Types and Views – OneDrive doesn’t.
- Digilink’s Software will allow Microsoft Word compare and merge on conflicts. You might have thought Microsoft’s OneDrive would do this, but it doesn’t.
- Digilink’s Software is 100% Client side – Works with SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office365. OneDrive doesn’t support SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010