How to Reset Easier365
Easier365 contains a Master Reset button which removes the local files and zeroes out the Easier365 database so that it’s completely empty and ready to start afresh.
Prior to installing an update, we may request you delete the old database entirely.
Either way, you will need to re-add your site(s) to Easier365 and synchronise again.
There are three ways you can do this.
1. Full Database and Settings Delete (Factory Reset)
If you are running an earlier version you need to do a full reset before running version 220.127.116.11. You can follow the instructions further below. If you didn’t do that and have already installed a newer copy of Easier365, you can reset retrospectively from here. Ignore any error messages and follow this instruction.
Exit the application go to Start > Digilink Limited > Advanced Settings
Click on Database Reset. Here’s a link to the Help Manual which covers this in more depth.
2. Master Reset using the Master Reset within the application.
- Right click the Easier365 icon in the top left of the window or the Easier365 icon in the taskbar
- Select Options.
- Select Master Reset and follow the instructions.
The software will re-label the folder containing the local files ( “Digilink Files” ) with a suffix showing todays date and time.
3. How to Manually delete the Local Database
Sometimes, we make changes to the database structure when we update the software to the next version. Typically, that will only be if we add new features. In those circumstances we might mandate you delete the old database completely after performing a Master Reset.
- Follow the instructions for a Master Reset as above
- Navigate to C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Local\Digilink Ltd\Revelation4 and delete the file Revelation4.db3
- Finally, manually delete or rename the folder that contains any locally cached files. If you don’t start with an empty local folder the software will re-upload any files it finds when it restarts.
Note: If you cannot see the folder called “AppData”, simply click on the Windows tab “View” at the top of the window and select “Hidden Items”.
This page covers a frequently asked question regarding this version of the software.
It’s difficult to keep the section short yet be comprehensive so if you don’t find the answer to your question here please do just ping us an email. We’d be happy to send you an answer to your question. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for sales or technical questions.